Investing in a violin should be done with utmost caution. Buying on impulse may result in wasting your money in the long run. There are violins designed for all types of budgets. Whether you are looking for an inexpensive beginner violin or an expensive handcrafted violin, there is a product to match your taste
If you decide that learning from qualified NYC violin lessons, you can ask your teacher which brand might be best. Most violin instructors are well versed in the different violin companies and can recommend the right brand at the right price.
Expensive doesn’t equal excellence at all times. In fact, you may find lower priced violins that offer great value for your money. You need to look at the sound quality, durability and cost of the product when buying an excellent product on the market. Here are the top 10 violin brands on the market.
1. Stentor – This is a well-known brand of violins that have been in the market for a long time. High-quality and durability are the hallmarks of their products. A serious violinist cannot go wrong with this brand. It is a Chinese product that has become extremely popular with the beginner as well as serious violinist around the world.
2. Windsor – This is another popular brand of the violin that has targeted the beginner and student violinist. The majority of Windsor violins are factory made while a small number of the violins are handcrafted. The models come in a wide variety of colors which will add a splash of brightness to your practice sessions. This brand may not be as durable as Stentor brand of violins.
3. Primavera – This is another quality brand of violins on the market. They are ideal for students who are just beginning their career in playing the instrument. You find lower priced violins for students as well as a higher priced quality for those who work their way through grades. These violins are quite popular in schools and music tutors. These violins provide a warm tone and durability compared to most of the other brands on the market.
4. Cecilio – This is another quality violin brand on the market for some time. The brand is targeted for professional violin players. They pride themselves on using quality wood such as maple, spruce, and quality ebony for the frame of the product.
5. Mendini – This is another quality violin that targets the low to mid-budget group. The product is ideal for beginner violinists. All the products are factory made and provide excellent quality for your money. Although the product is inexpensive, it is quite durable compared to most of the other brands on the market.
6. Cremona – This is another popular violin brand out there. It is a remarkable product offered at a price that will not break your bank. This is another Chinese-made product which entered the market in 1989.
7. Carlo Lamberti – This is an expensive but high-quality product ideal for professional violinists. Most people would consider this violin to be the best brand in the world. This product is also made in China.
8. Knilling – This brand is considered a great beginner violin for an affordable price. This is the oldest brand of violins in North America with more than 90-years of history. They are ideal for beginners as well as professional violinists.
9. Yamaha – Yamaha has several varieties of violins suitable for beginners, intermediates as well as professionals. The violin comes in a lightweight case with a rosin, bow, and straps.
10. Klaus Mueller – This is a great brand of violins for students and beginner violinists. Although the brand is made in China, it is incorporated under a German name. The brand is made out of quality tone woods.